ioQuake3 is a community effort to continue to maintain and improve
the source code of Quake3 released under the Gnu General Public license by ID software.
AppImage is a packaging solution for linux applications, similar to
Snap or Flatpak
Quake 3 Arena: (C) Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Id Software, Inc.
Do not make illegal copies of the game!
- To use it:
- Read and accept ID software eula
- Download the latest tgz archive in the releases
- Unpack it.
- Overwrite the pak0.pk3 file in the baseq3 folder with the one of your original installation CD.
The first time, start the application in a terminal in order to accept the EULA of ID software.
Docker is used to have a simple, yet consistent build environment.
- The Dockerfile does the following steps:
- Package installation: mostly compiler and libraries
- Clone of ioq3 git repository (https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3)
- Build of ioq3
- Download of appimage, pk3 files and demo
- Packaging in a unified tarball.